Just like the enterprise brands, SMEs also suffer from obsolescence. Continuous learning and development (L&D) of employees is a function that keeps any business afloat from becoming redundant. While large enterprises are backed by heavy L&D budgets, SMEs suffer in owning this function.
Generic training approach is like spray and pray.
Financial limitations force SMEs to choose the generic approach to adopt training into their organizational mix. A generic training approach is theory oriented. Technologies are introduced as a whole and to solve any specific problem. Such an approach is fundamentally flawed.
It is effort-intensive with poor return on training investments. Attempting to learn all areas of a technology/language/framework is laborious and difficult to absorb for a trainee. Also, most often an application design attempts to utilize only a select few areas of a technology. For example, a serverless application would heavily use AWS lambdas or Azure functions and logic apps. Taking up Azure training and attempting to learn topics that are not relevant to building the solution at hand is irrelevant and counter productive.
The better approach is solution-specific training.
Solution-specific training recommended for SMEs.
It is better if energies are channeled towards mastering the relevant areas of technology with solution-driven approach. This empowers a single-person team or a remote team with a deep knowledge of good practices and relevant industry standards.
ASAT’s Solution-specific training approach (SST)
ASAT evaluates the problem, prescribing areas that need skill and knowledge upgradation. During the design and execution phase, guided workshops, modules are delivered throughout. The training process is implemented hand-in-hand with consulting and solution implementation.
- Focused training on select areas of technology that are used in building the application based on a solution design recommended by ASAT or inhouse architects.
- Bring our extensive and intensive experience in building such applications.
- Impart knowledge of good practices and standards relevant for a developer specific to the technology stack in question. This helps an SME to withstand technological dynamism over time and geography.
- Ensure the training process is not laborious and focus on optimum absorption of knowledge.
- Ensure the training is hands on with only the required level of theory.
We would be happy to understand your training needs and technological problems to provide a customized solution. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org